Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Widescreen Laptop - smaller text..!

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi

I have a HP Laptop, 15" Widescreen. No major problems as such, except the size of print/text especially when online. I imagine the problem is because it's widescreen, obviously the vertical height of the screen is smaller than a standard 15".

I have tried resizing, and different resolutions, but not to much avail. What I have had to resort to is using Firefox and enlarging the text by holding ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel, but you have to do it every time you open a page. Surely PCs should be more stress free than this!!!!

So my question is; I may be changing my laptop soon, should I go for Widescreen or Standard? I rarely use spreadsheets and seldom look a DVDs on it.

I was told in one store that standard screens dont come in "brightscreen" etc format, just "standard"

Thanks

h

Advertisements

patdied

patdied

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
So your saying when your online the words (text) are very small and hard to read? Well then go to the top of the internet window and you'll see view, click that, then go the text size and choose the size you want.

Hope this helps =)

Edited by patdied, 20 August 2006 - 09:31 PM.