Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

improving perfomance of Geoforce4 mx 420

• Please log in to reply

spider125

spider125

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there anyway to improve the performance of my video card Geoforce4 mx 420 i have tried installing drivers from nvidia but it normal says my driver is newer

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you download and save the drivers, uninstall the current ones, reboot and install the downloaded ones

http://www.nvidia.co...tion_hints.html

spider125

spider125

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah i dont know if i should risk taking off the old driver , which i don't know how to get back, then install a driver whcih it says is older . Do you know of anywhere where i can acsess the best drivers for my graphics card ? . Also when you install the new driver after you removed the previous one how do you do it ??

thanks any help greatly welcomed

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can get previous versions of forceware here

http://www.filehippo...idia_forceware/

Odd thing is that the site should have the most recent drivers, it's unlikely they could have produced drivers, put them onto disc, sent them to the shops, where they would have sat until purchased, and still have older ones on the site

Are you sure you went for the correct drivers

Once downloaded, you would click the file to start the install and it would go the same as if it were on a CD

spider125

spider125

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
okay so i should go on either the nvidi website or the one you mentioned download one of the drivers (im not 100% sure which ones i should) i should then remove my old driver first then restart my computer and then install the new driver .

i will then see if this works ,if this fails becaus the new driver is incompatable what fo you advise .
And thank you for your help

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would ask Nvidia which drivers to install