Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the right aftermarket fan for xfx 7600gt

• Please log in to reply

dranom

dranom

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey guys! i need help on buying a fan for my gpu! its a xfx 7600gt xxx im running sli and its a bit loud. im ready to buy it a new set of fans. im new to building computers and need a bit of help! :whistling: tnx!!!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Normally i would say get a zalmann they are the best but SLI complicates matters as two would be expensive and you could only fit one on your bottom(or top depending on orientation) card. yould probably be best with an arctic silencer the old model the new models again are pretty big.

But to be honest SLI is loud its one of the many disadvatages.

dranom

dranom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Normally i would say get a zalmann they are the best but SLI complicates matters as two would be expensive and you could only fit one on your bottom(or top depending on orientation) card. yould probably be best with an arctic silencer the old model the new models again are pretty big.

But to be honest SLI is loud its one of the many disadvatages.

i know! i got a zalman vf700-cu off ebay got it at 28bucks new still in box. is it a good deal??? is it ok just to put one and im planning to just hook up a ordinary fan inside the case to circulate the air. coz one of the cards reads 66c and the other 55. one more thing how can you check the temp when playing games??? like quake, doom3 etc.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
i read somewhere that the xfx 7600 have some irregular fanmount holes so you might wanna confirm that before you go and buy an vf900 (best air vga cooler)

dranom

dranom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

i read somewhere that the xfx 7600 have some irregular fanmount holes so you might wanna confirm that before you go and buy an vf900 (best air vga cooler)

really??? il check! coz there's one guy at newegg said it fit his fan ok??? ill double check! tnx for the info!!!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you could fit it to one, but the one you would fit it to probably isnt the one that needs the extra cooling and it wouldnt improve the other, the only HSFs that really work in sli are the blowers like the arctics they arent as good as the zalmans but you havent left yourself with the choice.