Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failed to Query TCP/IP settings of the connection

• Please log in to reply

sappr07

sappr07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been trying to figure this out for about a day now with no luck so I'm looking for something else to try.

I had to reinstall Windows XP on my computer and now I'm back to the pure basics of Windows XP. But now I cannot get onto the internet. Under Network Connections it is showing on of my connections is Connected, but giving no IP information nor is it sending or receiving any packets. When I try to hit the repair button, I am getting this error:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed.

I have tried to uninstall these things and reinstall them for that Network Connection:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

I then reinstalled them and did the reboot as requested by the computer and still no change. That process seemed to work for a lot of people i have seen in the past having the same problem, but helped me none.

I am desperate for help here. Thank you in advance guys.

Advertisements