Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Camcorder to PC hookup

• Please log in to reply

MLMKingdom

MLMKingdom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everybody,

I'm brand new to this forum and have been impressed with all the good information I've read so far. However, I still have a question about how to hook up my digital camcorder to my PC so that I can watch and/or edit videos through my PC.

I recently given a used JVC MiniDV digital camcorder and was wondering if anyone knows how I might be able to hook it up to my PC for editing & emailing video clips? I looked at the JVC site and retrieved the manual, but it looks like the only way they have to hook up to the PC is while using a video card (I don't have one of those yet). Is there a way that I can view/edit/save the video footage I have on my MiniDV tapes as well?

I am running Windows XP on an IBM compatible PC. I understand that I will probably need video editing software once I get a connection established too, correct?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Trevor Dean

Advertisements