Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Buying a new PC - is this a good one?

• Please log in to reply

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section...

I am about to buy a new pc off of eBay and didn't know if I would be getting my money's worth. I am trying to get a computer I can play a few games on such as CoD2 and others...

Here is the information provided...

RAM - 2 GB
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Hard Drive Capacity: 300 GB

and

-Raidmax Sagitta Mid-Tower

-NZXT PF-500 500Watt Power Supply

-Intel Pentium D 920 (2.8 Ghz)

-CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling System (with fan control)

-Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI motherboard

-2Gb of DDR2 667 RAM

-Dual GPU SLI with Two EVGA GeForce 7800 GT's

-300GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

-LG 16x DVD-/DVD+/DVD-RW/CD-R/CD-RW Drive

-Another LG 16x DVD-/DVD+/DVD-RW/CD-R/CD-RW Drive

-Wireless G Networking Card

-------------------------
It will also come with XP completely installed...and I was wondering how much you guys thought this would be worth and should I buy it with the GFX card provided...

Right now the bid is at $340.00 and $20.00 USD to ship but there is still 4 days left .. max I would go is $400.00 USD

I appreciate any feedback, and thank you all in advance.

Edited by ArcticFox, 20 August 2006 - 08:35 PM.

Advertisements

Kazer

Kazer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I would say that's defenitely worth the amount you're paying.
Asus motherboard, liquid cooling, 300GB HDD, 2.8GHz; it's defenitely a good buy.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Safe to say you arent going to get it for $400 its worth more than that the guy will have paid at least 1500 to put it together probably more youre not going to get it for 400 A. itll go over that sharpish B. the guy would be nuts to sell it for that.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
That's the problem with Ebay, you really can't get a good idea of what you will be paying until about 15 minutes prior to the auction closing.

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well, he is saying that he is going away for college, and that he needs the money.

Right now, there is a guy with a very high max bid, he bid 300 and I bid it up to $455.75 and he is still under his max bid. I hope I can get it for like 500, but if 460 is under his max, I don't think there's much of a chance.

He started the bid at $10 and didn't put a reserve on it. I hope I can get past the top bidder right now, but idk.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Stupid not to put a reserve on it, but i dont think you have much of a chance its not a totally up to date system but its enough to make 1000 a bargain.

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ahh I'm pissed. Out of nowhere the top bidder, (I was second with 450) put it up to 900! >: (

So it looks like you guys were right that it was going to go for a lot. I guess I'll either look on eBay or try to configure one off of www.cyberpowerpc.com. Try to get something good for a nice price.