Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Crashes

• Please log in to reply

chris3

chris3

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi, Im not sure if it's the correct topic to post my problem but i'll try.

My computer keeps crashing every now and then in the middle of the night. It runs 24/7 smoothly with no apparent problems. Last night it crashed 4 times in a row. It restarted and then after 5-10 min crashed and restarted again! Since the last crash it runs as usual. I went through the Event Viewer and it gives the time that it crashed the following error :

"The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
The authentication service is unknown. "

I have all the latest updates and everything is configured properly. So I don't know if this is the real cause of the continuous crashes.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It seems lots of people have problems with the lsass.exe file( where IPSEC runs from). you can try setting it to manual so it will only start if a program on your computer tells it to start.

http://www.theelderg...ec_services.htm

SRX660

chris3

chris3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Allright!
This is what i did. Went to Administrative Tools, then to Component Services and then to Services (Local). There I found IPSEC Services and changed the startup type to Manual.

Hope I'm right!

Thanx again!!!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
That is the place to do that.

SRX660