Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my ex disconneted wires inside puter.......please help

• Please log in to reply

twenty47

twenty47

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hi all, i hope you can help. there is nothing wrong with my computer but the fact that the wiring inside the tower has been disconnected and i'm wondering if anybody has a link for me to go to, to get a diagram of how to rewire everything in the tower. i have all the wiring still and just need directions or diagrams.

PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
the motherboard manual will have the diagrams you need.

twenty47

twenty47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sorry dont have it

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
well okay grab a camera and and snap a shot of the case... i just wanna know how much detail to give you. it's not that complicated. and refresh often cause i will be replying quickly.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
http://cr.yp.to/hardware/assembly.html
this will help for most of your wires
but your jumpers must be set accordingly to the case and psu

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
http://www.geocities...ing/page_1.html
this one is better just go through the steps that hooks up the wires

twenty47

twenty47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ty this is a new laptop im on was looking for drivers for cam .will check links and post back thx again

twenty47

twenty47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted Image

Edited by twenty47, 21 August 2006 - 05:33 PM.

twenty47

twenty47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
these are 4 wires that seem to come from the power butten
the mother board is a d845glad
most of the wires where dissconected

Edited by twenty47, 21 August 2006 - 05:35 PM.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
hey man sry i am gonna be out for 1 hr so if you wanna come back latter i will be able to help you out more. ttyl. Don't worry disconnected wires are very easy to fix.

twenty47

twenty47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thx

smalls101

smalls101

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
When wiring mother boards, they intentionally make all of the plugs different. I would say its a safe bet, that if the wire fits somewhere, thats the right spot. If you come accross wires that could fit in more than one spot, or where more than one wire fits in a spot, then focus on figuring out what those are. If you know what one end is connected to, it should be fairly easy to figure out. As for your power button, that is definately connected to the MOBO, but it shouldnt fit anywhere else.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
D845glad Quick ref guideHere

Page 5 gives layout

twenty47

twenty47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks for all the help everybody, but all the diagrams and reference guides that i've looked at don't have the 3 (prong) power led. all are for 2 (prong). i'm not sure what you call them.

I'm sure my problem is only with the hard drive led, power led, reset, and power sdd....something or other. they all connect to the 9 pin section on the mother board but all with a power led connector with 2 pin opening not 3.

any help with this dilemma will be greatly appreciated.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

thanks for all the help everybody, but all the diagrams and reference guides that i've looked at don't have the 3 (prong) power led. all are for 2 (prong). i'm not sure what you call them.

I'm sure my problem is only with the hard drive led, power led, reset, and power sdd....something or other. they all connect to the 9 pin section on the mother board but all with a power led connector with 2 pin opening not 3.

any help with this dilemma will be greatly appreciated.

2 prong is normal for the harddrive led. All the harddrive led is for is the activity light for the front of the pc, you dont even need it pluged in for the pc to work at all. Its just the activity light showing you when the harddrive is being accessed.. To get the pc to actually turn on you only need the power connector plugged in and thats it.. You dont have to have the others plugged in for the pc to turn on at all... The reset connector is for the reset button so you can reset your pc and the speaker button is for the speaker inside of the pc when you boot up the pc and you hear a boot up beep. The speaker gives you error beeps if something is wrong also. The power led is just a light that stays on the whole time your pc is on..

Just look at the reference or manual and put the connectors in the right spot then turn on the pc.