Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with Windows Firewall

• Please log in to reply

rayates

rayates

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there, I am having trouble enabling Windows Firewall. When I try to enable it in the security center or using the Run command, Firewall.cpl, it tells me that the associated service is not running, and it asks me if I want to start the ICS service. When I push yes, however, it says it can't be started. I have looked on the dell site and the microsoft support site and can't find anything. I did try right clicking on my computer, then going to manage, services and applications, services, Windows Firewall, but again it wouldn't work. It did give me an error message though. It was Error 10047: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

What does this mean? Please help if you have any suggestions. I don't have any other firewall.

Advertisements

HangnMoss

HangnMoss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try netsh winsock reset from the command prompt. Then restart your PC. That's worked on a few systems I've seen with the same problem. But others... well they're running Zone Alarm now...