Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SYSTEM FAILURE FILE RECOVERY?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Ok..... SO I have a Dell Demention 4600 With Intel Pentum 4. A while back i had a problem. I couldnt update Windows because that caused a system falure every time... I tried everything that i could but nothing worked. that caused my windows firewall to shut down and so i got a virus or something that i couldnt get rid of and that eventually caused my system to fail (already tried every removal techniques lol)... Whenever i startup, the computer immediately after showing the loading windows screen, goes to the bluescreen. This one is different than anyone that i have ever seen before. It gives no explanation and just gives numbers. (half of wich are cut of the screen for some reason. the ones that i can see are always 0 [the format is normal bluescreen error number format]). I have tried to bacup my files to ipod or cd but none of those work in safemode (i can still run that). so i tried putting my harddrive into a friends computer but it wouldnt accept it. so now i want to just format the harddrive and re-install windows. but theres one problem. that would mean losing all of my data. In some other posts taht i have looked at in the past there has been mention of a program that brings back data from before the harddrive was formatted. is this true? and where would i get it (and if you know of one thats free cuz im flat broke that would be appriciated lol). Just ask if you need anymore info. If you have another way to fix things that is also by all means appriciated. Thank you for any help in advance.

Edited by 11010110, 21 August 2006 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://search.netsca.....nternals.com/

http://search.netsca...eted_files.html

http://search.netsca.....Fk%3Dreformat

maybe the last one would be good but look them over

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi 11010110...

How did you hook the drive up in your friends computer?

What have you tried to get the machine running?

wannabe1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Thanks.... Good News tho! since i can run my system in safemode, i was able to get my friends ipod hooked up and it is recognized by my computer! (mine wasnt for some reason) so if that works out lol that would be great thanks for the help and any other ideas would be great just in case! thanks again!!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
ok. i formatted my computer and backed up my files onto my friends ipod. but now theres a problem..... the ipod is frozen and stuck on and it wont hook up to any computer!!! does anyone know how to fix this?!?! all of my data (not to mention the usefullness of my friends ipod is in trouble! if anyone has any info that cuold help please gimme a hand. thanks in andvance.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
after your formatted is your computer up to date with microsoft check your device managerffor any yellow yield signs and update that driver

dont these ipods come with software you install or find the software or drivers online and download them then hook up ipod

Edited by rushin1nd, 22 August 2006 - 02:43 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

ipod is frozen and stuck on

I can't guarantee the safety of your data, but have you tried taking the battery out of the iPod and leaving it for a few minutes to see if it resets?