Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot see music files

• Please log in to reply

Aeternal

Aeternal

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I cannot see any of my music files in my music when I'm using an application like Windows Media Player, iTunes or Adobe Premiere Pro. I can easily find them when go to the "My Music" folder directly via the start menu. I also can't see the files if I go to My Music via the My Computer icon.

Sorry if someone else already posted this question...I had some trouble finding a similar problem using search.

P.S. I can play the files...I just can't see them.

Edited by Aeternal, 21 August 2006 - 10:57 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click a file, click properties, is any programme set to open them

Or

If you open media player, click tools, options, file types, click select all and click apply, does media player " see " them

Aeternal

Aeternal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
For your first suggestion, I just checked that none of the files are checked 'Hidden'.

And I clicked select all and I still can't see any of the music files.

BTW, I'm only having trouble with the music files...not any of the video ones if it helps.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click a file, click properties, click change, can you set it to open with medi player

Aeternal

Aeternal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
If I go to 'My Music' via the 'Start Menu', I can access any of the files and play them using Windows Media Player. And they play fine. They are all set to play with Windows Media Player in the first place anyway.

But if I don't go to 'My Music' using the 'Start Menu', I cannot see any of the files. The 'My Music' folder appears empty, as if I have no music files in it. Thus, I cannot play it using Windows Media Player.

PS. I made sure I clicked on the show all files on the drop down menu when using Windows Media Player

Edited by Aeternal, 22 August 2006 - 11:41 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you save a new file in there to see if it shows

Aeternal

Aeternal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I feel really stupid now. Well I moved a new music file into My Music and was able to see it. So I moved everything out of My Music and back into it. Now it works. :S

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
:whistling:

Thank You for letting me know