Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ciadoor.121

• Please log in to reply

dan_2k

dan_2k

• Pip
  • 8 posts
:whistling: :blink: :help:

Ok, so i dont have Norton Antivirus simply because i find that it slows my computer down tremendously, instead i have Adaware professional and i recently downloaded the Windows defender.

I download some music (sorry if that upsets people) and one particular file is bogus and it immediately infects the computer, i thought it was a song, it was not.

Windows Defender marked the virus as Ciadoor.121 and it asks you if i want to remove it or quarantine it, naturally i wanted to remove it and so i did and it asked me to reboot my computer. I did and then came back to the desktop, windows defender pops up saying that i have Ciadoor.121 yet again. It tells me that it is using wnsock.sys or some file by that name.

So i go into task manager Ctrl + Alt + Delete then it says my task manager has been disabled by the administrator, i go into cmd.exe and that has been disabled by the admin, in regedit the same thing, the Windows firewall was disabled by the administrator i went into System Restore and it said that it had temporarily been disabled by the admin and by that point i knew i was in trouble.

I resort to going into Adaware and updating the definitions and to do a smart scan and a full system scan.
it finds the virus (thank god) i quarantine it and remove it and that enables the use of task manager and some other things that were not accessible (Windows Firewall was still disabled as was System Restore).

I open up Spybot (S+D) and scan it and immunize my system, it turns up with a load of unexpected threats and so i cleaned them but it couldnt remove one particular file (related to the wnsock.sys)

The strange thing now is that wen the windows screen that says (welcome) it hangs for about 20 seconds and then it shows my desktop wallpaper and nothing else for another 20 seconds and i have never before had a hang when i had started up ever before and then suddenly all the windows defender come up with the warning about the Ciadoor.121>

I get onto the internet and immediately start looking for solutions on how to eradicate the problem, one thing i did was download the Sygate Personal Firewall which im told does help with things trying to access your computer which helped in my case.

And so i came upon Geeks to Go! and i imediately searched for Ciadoor.121 and came up with a few possiblilities and methods on how to get rid of the problem, one person had a similar problem, i have a fairly adequate knowledge of computers but this problem really stumped me.

so i was wondering if you guys could help..

thanks

Advertisements