Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task Manager is Frozen?

• Please log in to reply

dan_2k

dan_2k

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I found this very wierd, i have a previous post whereby this problem had originated fromCiadoor.121

The task manager will keep displaying the same information and it wont update the graphs and or the Kernel or the Physical Memory,
On the processes page, the memory usage stays the same and does not change same with the CPU usage.

i am really stuck, looked all over the internet and cannot find a solution,

thanks

p.s i have added a picture to display my task manager

Attached Thumbnails

• taskmanager.JPG

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi dan_2k...

Sorry it has taken so long to get to you. :whistling:

Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and locate the file taskmgr.exe. Right click on the taskmgr.exe icon and choose "Rename". Name this file taskmgr.old

Download the attached file and save it to your desktop. Right click on the downloaded file and choose "Extract All". Click "Next", then type c:\windows\system32 and click "Next".

Try Task Manager

wannabe1

Attached Files

dan_2k

dan_2k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hey thanks for the reply,

unfortunately the problem still persists, sorry im causing so much trouble.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's try system file checker.

Click Start, then Run, type cmd and click "Ok".

At the prompt in the Command window, type sfc /scannow (note the space) and press "Enter" This will be a fairly long check and you may be asked for your installation cd, so have it handy.

Once SFC completes and you are back in Windows, click Start, then Run, select cmd from the drop-down menu and click "Ok". At the prompt, type chkdsk /r (note the space) and press "Enter". You will be told the volume is busy and asked if you want to schedule it to run on the next boot. Type Y and press "Enter". Type exit and press "Enter" to end the command session...Reboot. This will be another quite long check...be patient and let it finish...60 to 90 minutes is not unusual in some cases.

Edited by wannabe1, 28 August 2006 - 07:07 PM.

Astrodemoniac

Astrodemoniac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had exactly the same issue and all I had to do was, in task manager go to View>Update Speed and set it to High for example, then, set it back to normal and it fixed it for me :)

Edited by Astrodemoniac, 27 January 2008 - 05:23 AM.

onlyjj

onlyjj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
你能说中文吗