Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL Cable And Linksys Wireless Router Issues

• Please log in to reply

onelife

onelife

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi
A week ago I purchased a Linksys wireless router and Linksys wireless PCI adapter. I have AOL Broadband Time Warner that is hard wire to another desk top. After many hours and many diff techs from Linksys we got the wireless system working. It ran good for about a week. And then yesterday I went to log on to AOL and I was taken to a page that said they are searching for the "best way for me to connect to the internet" which when they were finish searching was dial up. I was looking at my signal strenght for my wireless connection and it was execellent but Aol couldn't find a broadband connection. I called AOL and they told me the problem was with Linksys and I should contact them after an hr or so with one of the tech they told me the problem with AOL software so once again I called AOL and spoke for a tech for a few hrs and she came to the conclusion the problem was with Linksys. She had me remove and reinstall AOL 9.0 SE and she said that AOL was not recognizing a Broadband connection even though The router had a strong signal to the PCI adapter. So she told me to contact Linksys again. Can anyone please help me with this problem.

Thank you,
Mike

Advertisements

onelife

onelife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Hi
A week ago I purchased a Linksys wireless router and Linksys wireless PCI adapter. I have AOL Broadband Time Warner that is hard wire to another desk top. After many hours and many diff techs from Linksys we got the wireless system working. It ran good for about a week. And then yesterday I went to log on to AOL and I was taken to a page that said they are searching for the "best way for me to connect to the internet" which when they were finish searching was dial up. I was looking at my signal strenght for my wireless connection and it was execellent but Aol couldn't find a broadband connection. I called AOL and they told me the problem was with Linksys and I should contact them after an hr or so with one of the tech they told me the problem with AOL software so once again I called AOL and spoke for a tech for a few hrs and she came to the conclusion the problem was with Linksys. She had me remove and reinstall AOL 9.0 SE and she said that AOL was not recognizing a Broadband connection even though The router had a strong signal to the PCI adapter. So she told me to contact Linksys again. Can anyone please help me with this problem.

Thank you,
Mike

This issue has been resolved it was a problem with the router changing IP addresses on its own. After calling Linksys and finally dealing with a tech that knew what she was doing the issue was resolved. Not that it was an easy task nor was the Linksys wireless router and wireless PCI adapter easy to configure as stated on the box. I guess its especially hard when neither computer ran a network before. I was told by the tech that this issue can come back again, I guess linksys had a problem with this router and PCI adapter before.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

This issue has been resolved it was a problem with the router changing IP addresses on its own.

....why dont you just do away with an automatic configuration and set up a Static Ip Scheme instead ?