Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help on my computer

• Please log in to reply

newbiebuilder

newbiebuilder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated. The problem is that my computer is not receiving any signal from the video card. The computer is not beeping so I don't think it's a problem with the motherboard and the computer is getting power. I tried taking it apart and putting it back together but it didn't help. I double checked to make sure the video card is seated fully.

Any ideas on what to try would be greatly appreciated.

Harris

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Is this a new build that has never worked? There is a guide that may help you at http://www.geekstogo...ems-t28727.html
Post your full system specs when you reply as this will assist folks who want to try to help you.

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
If you don't get any beeps at all this suggests a PSU problem if the light on the motherboard is on or if any of the fans turn. What happens is that you can blow the 12V rail and the 5V rail will still function, allowing the fans to spin and any leds to turn on.

If you get no fans and no leds, either the PSU is done or the motherboard is acting up, as it is a signal from the motherboard that turns an ATX PSU on.