Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem finding files....

• Please log in to reply

ElDiablo6667

ElDiablo6667

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Alot of disk space is "missing" on my E: partition, when i ran Norton systemworks Speed disk utility and used the analyze funcion i got a list of the most fragmented files. (that has nothing to do with my problem but that was how i became aware of it and started investigating:P) some of the files with most fragments are some movies i didnt know i had anymore, the path speed disk show me is: \found.000\dir0010.chk\<the movie name> I have searched all over my E: drive (with "show hidden files and system files" enabled) and i cant find any of it.... about 30 gb of my drive is missing, i can free up the space, no problem... but i wanna get access to those files again because some of those family movies is very valuable to me. As far as i now .chk files are are related to checkdisk. and i have found hidden folders for checkdisk many times before.... but this time i cant find anyone, please help me!

Advertisements

quim88

quim88

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
have you tryed to search for those files in START>>SEARCH

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://diskinternals.com/

give that a try

ElDiablo6667

ElDiablo6667

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yeah, ofc i have searched:P ok, im downloading the diskniternals stash now:) thx for the tip mate=)

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
chkdsk /f /r

copy and paste that in the run

go start... run.... paste.... chkdsk /f /r ... in... click ok then you will see a flashing bar tpe in the letter y

then restart

let that run it will go through 5 stages and takes awhile

be patient

Edited by rushin1nd, 22 August 2006 - 09:09 PM.