Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Press F4 to resume

• Please log in to reply

mm_akash

mm_akash

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Dear All,

All the time I got a message like "Press F4 to resume" while i start my pc. Can anyone please give a solution ?

My configuration is MB = Intel 864, Processor = Intel 2.66

Akash

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This sounds like your Hard Drive is developing bad sectors and is probably failing. It usually has to do with the S.M.A.R.T. features on drives.

SRX660

mm_akash

mm_akash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Dear SRX660,

I got that solution my self.
From the first time I pugged usb for Keyboard. I didn't plug ps2 for keyboard. Yesterday I got this idea suddenly, then i plugged with ps2 port. then f4 problem is vanished. But another problem is after few minutes when i put any command by using keyboard, my pc got hang. Now again I am facing this f4 problem. Can anyone just tell me that if i use with this f4 problem will it make any major problem in future ?

Thanks
Akash