Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

noore.sabz

noore.sabz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I was experiencing a little problem, if it isn't too much trouble I was hoping someone could kindly help me.

When I first got my laptop, about every few weeks while using it I'd get a blue screen of death saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL at the top and a bunch of numbers down below. But then the issue started to get more and more frequent, to the point that now the issue occurs probably once every 2 times I use the computer. The error numbers below it read:

STOP: 0X0000000A (0x9D086240, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8050DF62)

I am not sure whether this issue occurred after the installment of a specific hardware or software, so I can't narrow the issue down to one specific thing. But I was hoping that someone could help if they knew something...before it was simply annoying, now it's getting to be serious and I've lost a good bit of work already in the restarts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello noore.sabz...

Sorry for the delay in addressing your problem... :whistling:

Because this issue can be caused by both hardware AND software, let's see if we can narrow it down a bit using the Microsoft Configuration utility.

Click Start, then Run, type msconfig and click "Ok". Under the "Startup" tab, scroll to the bottom of the list of startup applications (note any that are not currently ticked) and deselect (untick) the last 5 applications. Apply the change and reboot.

Upon restarting you will see a Selective Startup dialog...just click "Ok" for the moment...we'll probably be working in this area for a bit.

Run the machine for a while. If you still get the BSOD, go back to msconfig, put the ticks back in those applications, and deselect the next five...do this until you have run through the whole list of applications or until the BSOD's stop. If the errors stop, the problem will be with one of the 5 applications that are NOT selected.

Let me know what you find...

wannabe1