Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very strange network gaming problem

• Please log in to reply

funtmachine

funtmachine

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi,

My flatmates and I all have NFSMW (Need For Speed Most Wanted) installed. Me and my mate have XP 32 bit and the other mate has XP 64 bit. Our network is fine, because all of our games work well for LAN gaming, except, when we play NFSMW on LAN, the guy with 64 bit windows cant be included in the game. It all works fine until the race loads, and hes just not there to race against. He has tried downloading the latest patches for NFSMW. I dont think its a 64 bit problem, because the game runs in 32 bit anyway. He thinks he did fix it ages ago but cant remember how... Our network connectivity is good, we can all ping each other, and all firewalls are off..

Thanks for any ideas..

Dave

Edited by funtmachine, 23 August 2006 - 08:45 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what about if he hosts the race?

funtmachine

funtmachine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Yeh, we have tried him hosting the race. The problem is then, the race loads for him, with only him in it
and then the race loads for us, with only us in it, so two of us can race, and then my other mate is in this race all by himself. The leaderboard has his name there which is weird, so it mustnt be a network problem. Also last night i made sure that all three of us were using the same patch version, 1.3.

Hmmm...

Dave