Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty1 online help

• Please log in to reply

duff28

duff28

• Pip
  • 9 posts
can somebody plz help me with call of duty1 game of the year edition. whenever i try to get on multiplayer, it says" waiting for response from master server". i have a belkin router and have norton antivirus. please help. cheers

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
thats normal. it may take up to a full min. for it to go through.

have you updated punkbuster?

duff28

duff28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
um... no, iv only just installed it. if i update it, will that help?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes it will.

http://www.punkbuste...support-cod.php

Chris-needs-help

Chris-needs-help

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You need to update the patch.

http://www.callofduty.com/patch/

duff28

duff28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok i went to the punk buster link you said but i didnt know what option to choose(im not very good on computers) lol

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
NOTICE: PunkBuster is designed to auto-update itself during gameplay. PBSetup is the easiest method of manually updating PunkBuster for most users (players and admins).

http://www.punkbuste...age=pbsetup.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the info listed on the link above. If you have questions please let me know.

also, because its "the game of the year" edition, no game patches need to be installed as it already comes patched. We just need punkbuster updated.

essentialy the reason it takes a while for it to go through is that pb is scanning your files and going through its internal update process. On the older games like cod or cod:uo the update process isn't as efficient as it should be. Hence the reason for pbsetup.exe.

duff28

duff28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
cheerz mate, i shall try that. thanks for your help.

Chris-needs-help

Chris-needs-help

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Duff have you updating call of duty?

duff28

duff28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
what do you mean?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
duff, dont let Chris confuse you. Read my last post. No patching required as you are already patched. Game of the Year edition all ready comes at the latest version of the game.

duff28

duff28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok, cheers

duff28

duff28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well i installed it and done everything i should of but it still doesnt load, even if i leave it for 5 mins. um... is their anythin else i can do?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Turn off any firewalls you have and go back into call of duty once again to see if the master list comes up.. Make shure you hit Refresh List this time.

Try that just to see if it works.

Chris-needs-help

Chris-needs-help

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

duff, dont let Chris confuse you. Read my last post. No patching required as you are already patched. Game of the Year edition all ready comes at the latest version of the game.

Im sure it doesnt. Theres a patch after the game of the year edition. Duff just check of your main menu in cod and tell me what number it says. It should say 1.5

Bottom left hand corner.