Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suddenly pages won't load...despite..

• Please log in to reply

sandrajn

sandrajn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a wireless connection that WAS fast. Lately, it's not just slow, but many pages won't open at all..they just sit there blank supposedly trying to load.
All of my virus and spyware programs are up-to-date. I have virus checked, Webroot SpySweeper checked, AdAware checked, Bug Doctor checked, CCleaner checked. And NO PROBLEMS.
But nothing's working like it used to. I don't know what to do next. I ran HijackThis, but I don't know what to do with the log besides save it.
Right now I'm trying to open cooks.com, but we would starve before the page would open to a recipe!
Please help me! :whistling:
Sandra

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
clean your prefetch folder GO START...CLICK RUN...TYPE IN... prefetch ...CLICK OK..EDIT..SELECT ALL ..ON ANY BLUE FILE RIGHT CLICK THEN DELETE.............go to your tools menu at the top of your page select internet options delete cookies... delete files including offline put check mark click ok then close by clicking apply then ok.....go start..... all programs....accesseries...system tools....disk defragmenter.....just defragment ......

then download the following run them

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

Edited by rushin1nd, 23 August 2006 - 09:56 PM.

sandrajn

sandrajn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
When I click on the Prefetch, then Edit and Select all, ALL the folders are highlighted in blue. Does that mean I delete this entire Prefetch thing? I notice that some of the names are of programs that I use, such as Bug Doctor, adAware, etc.
It's safe to delete all of this?
Sandra
(Sorry I'm a little dense about this)

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you can delete them its safe

sandrajn

sandrajn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your help. I am defragging right now.
I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again.
Sandra

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
when your done your windows should be clean
i see you have ccleaner so you dont need the one i posted in post 2

Feverpitch

Feverpitch

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
My internet was running slow, so I came here looking for solutions. I went to perfectly as above and right clicked to delete all 60+ files in the folder. Then rebooted. Now my entire computer is running abysmally slow. For instance, I started Maharashtra 27 minutes ago and its still running. Used to take about 7 minutes. I have Windows X P and used verizon food high-speed connection. Help.

Feverpitch

Feverpitch

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
My tablet misspelled some things. Sorry. The folder I cleaned was p r e f e t c h and I'm running m a l w a r e b y t e s