Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

video card prob

• Please log in to reply

crazywak

crazywak

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
just so were clear this is my first build

i got the Radeon 9600 PRO ATLANTIS by SAPPHIRE. ECS L4VXA2 mobo its a p4.i got the ram,hdd, fdd, ps, cpu and fan, i dont have a cd drive right now. so the whole thing turns on and the monitor says no signal, the fan on the card is even on what coud the problem be? :whistling:

Advertisements

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
As I just finished mentioning in another thread, this sounds like a PSU problem. It is entirely possible that the 12V rail is disfunctional while the 5V rail remains functional. This will allow the fans to spin and the LEDs to come on, but will prevent the computer from powering up as the mobo also needs a 12V supply to function (well, in specific the CPU).