Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Question

• Please log in to reply

ace_porate

ace_porate

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
My question is pertaining to the "drop down" box that appears when i select an input field.

For example, in Google, when i click inside the Search box, a drop down box appears with all of the entries i have typed in the past. The same thing happens for like User Name boxes and whatnot.

I would like to know how to clear that history. It is really long and now it isn't useful so i would like to reset it. Hopefully i described the problem accurately and someone can help me.

Thank you for your help.

Ace Porate

Advertisements

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
The easiest way is to run AFT Cleaner

Make sure you run it with your browser closed. It's fast and light on system resources.

Hope this helps :whistling:

ace_porate

ace_porate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Hey,

Thanks for the response, Jayzee. Actually programs like ATF Cleaner and CleanUp! don't clear these histories... Any other suggestions?

Ace

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hey Ace

In IE click on tools>> internet options>> content>> auto complete>>>clear forms >> OK>>close IE and then reopen it

Let me know if how it goes

ace_porate

ace_porate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Thanks Loophole!

Worked perfectly! Just what i needed.

Take Care

Ace

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Hey,

Thanks for the response, Jayzee. Actually programs like ATF Cleaner and CleanUp! don't clear these histories... Any other suggestions?

Ace

Sorry Ace, I was thinking Firefox :whistling:

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
your welcome :whistling: