Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Front panel USB doesn´t work properly

• Please log in to reply

bbmorales

bbmorales

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi there.

Here it goes:

I got a motherboard ASUS K8N + Sempron 3100+ + Windows XP SP2.

The 4 USB built-in within the motherboard work perfectely, but there is a frontal panel USB connector, which comes with the MB, that I can´t wonder how to configure.

When running WinXP, I connect a devide - a pen drive, in case - and the pen drive turns on, but WinXP gives me the following:

"USB device was not recognized"

Then, there is a "Unknown device" on the Device Manager listed under the "USB controllers".

If I plug the same pen drive on the rear USBs, it works fine.

Any help?

Thanks

Advertisements

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Well, off the top of my head are you sure you connected the headers properly?

bbmorales

bbmorales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello.

Yep, I´m sure I did.

It´s quite strange, 'cause, actually, the device it´s one of those mp3 players and when I connect it to front panel, the lcd shows a animation as if the mp3 player were in communication with the pc.

Thanks for replying.

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Then the only other two things I can think of are a) the controller for the front USB is disfunctional, which I somehow doubt, but I guess it's possible and b) the drivers for it are not installed properly. I would try and see if you can resolve b) first.