Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone wana start a css clan?

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Might anyone want to start a css clan with me ? I'm looking for someone who's responsible and can maintain a server. If anyone's interested gimme your email address and we'll get in contact.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The server is the hard part, A. most people dont have the dedicated hardware and high speed internet connections(not normal high speed needs high upload and dedicated bandwidth) it aint cheap to do it on your own which is why most clans dont have a permanent server(not often a need you can borrow share and rent other servers, most will rent a server from a specific game hosting company its not to bad.

My clan never had a dedicated server for training we took turn hosting and at lans played, we borrowed the server of a clan called avalanche a couple of times the clan has mostly collapsed because its members got hooked on WOW but the server is still there i think they let us use it which was good of them. Alot of clans are pretty cool with server use as its not all the time its a match you are usually just playing with your mates with the advantage of team speak.

Its easier to get local groups which is how most groups initially start so they have a core of members.

If you would like to host a server yourself youll find a clan easy heck you can join mine we havent played in ages(life, the clan killer), [IV:XX] 1337 and they know it. You are better trying to join another clan but it is actually alot of commitment some charge subs for a server some dont but expect senior members to pitch in, most have a training schedule you have to keep to.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
whoa...chill man :whistling: I own a server.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Oh and i've run a clan before, it went well we had seven members and were just getting in to OGl, i've got experience, i know how things work :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Most dont you arent the first on here trying to start a clan most tend to have weird ideas about what a gaming clan is.

If you have your own server you have all you need really get it set up for CSS get a decent rotation then let it run see how it goes put the ip up here and any other forums where it would be allowed plug it to your friends, get someone hopefuls find out how involved you want to be, there are two sets of clans really, uber serious clans and mates out for a laugh with a common gaming interest my clan is the latter so we are always off an on and never had anything permanent(though we pwn every which way when we do), you need to decide how serious you want to be.

Do you want to have a competing Team? How big do you want the clan? How often do you want to train? to get other clan members you need to have some basic groundwork done before hand.

Although if you have a server why did you ask for people to maintain one that sounded like you were fishing for a free server. I assume you meant you want people who you could trust to admin for you, if you want that im sure you could russle up a couple CSS players from here with plenty experience.

Also for a clan timezones are important so whats your timezone if you have too big a gap in time zones you need to get a responsible person for admin in your off time time wise. Alot of clans have a EU half and a US half they play together but the EU contact is different from the US and they handle things differently and will have a team for either continent(if big enough for that alot are and have a couple teams) you get pretty close to your team mates you would be surprised its pretty good, again it helps if your friends, also helps not to invite the village idiot to your clan just cause he plays CSS and is a good map maker(what a mistake that was that punk bust so much stuff at lans broke my headset i only had it like a week).

Edited by warriorscot, 24 August 2006 - 03:46 PM.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
k um its great your providing all this, but to tell you the truth, this is things me and my fellow teamates/admins should be working out, i'm really just looking for someone to start a clan with it's great you wana guide me the right way but i'm pretty much set and stuff. Oh and my maintaining a server, trust me i play a lot of css and there are a lot of n00b admins. The other day i was on Ex (the surf server) and their main admin didn't know what ftp was.

Btw, seriously dude i'm not as nubbish as you might think.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, cool just like i said on a tech support site we generally attract noobs, for one person serious with a bit of knowledge like you we get maybe ten utter noobs trying to start clans and servers so if you give plenty info you A. cover the details for those to follow and B. make sure noobs dont ruin my favourite game nothing worse than a clan of noobs.

If you need an Admin for a server ild be happy to pitch in now and again on a server you run when im on i tend to have my haunts but ive not been playing in a while so im open to new servers, two of my favourites went offline recently was well annoyed its hard to find servers with consistenly high quality players otherwise i get bored when im in the zone i like it challenging. Im sure some of the more experienced guys on here wouldnt mind helping out either but alot of the experienced guys have there own clans or not enough time to run one permanently or admin all the time but plenty of experience here on CSS so any questions just ask away.

PS dont put Surf maps on your server they suck, classic CS and nothing but classic CS is the way to run a server.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Understood, I might take you up on that offer in a few months. Anyway, thanks for your support, see ya around.

crustygloves

crustygloves

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
make sure you have a sweet clan name, nothing very serious, my clan was called Sweater Cows with the tag as <( . Y . )>, everyone laughed and said we were awsome.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
heh any suggestions...i've got a few in mind but wana hear what you guys have in mind

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Suppose it depends on the clan, our is IV:XX or 4 20 which while a mystery to me its apparenty simething to do with drug culture as a couple of guys enjoy smoking a bit of the reefer, and its a cool name roman numerals are always good for clans.

If you want to be a serious clan pick something intimidating and cool, also something that is easily incorporated in names and tags is good.