Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Typed Text Problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am having a problem with one of my school's computers, and unfortunately, it's my job to fix these kinds of things. Unfortunately, I'm having no luck whatsoever.

The problem lies with the text and the cursor in Microsoft Word 2003. Whenever text is typed, it appears normal as long as the cursor is visible. But, whenever that cursor disappears (as we all know, that cursor blinks), the text appears garbled. As I do not have access to it right now, I don't know if the top halves of the letters are switching positions, or if it appears the same whatever letters I use. This type of problem does not occur in other applications such as Firefox or Notepad, which also have blinking cursors. Worst of all, because it was just discovered today since all the computers have been turned off for the summer, nothing has really been changed that I believe could trigger it. The only thing that the computer has experienced is an AVG Update, a Firefox version upgrade, and several startups and shutdowns.

I've tried an old-fashioned restart, and a reinstallation of Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Neither remedied the situation. Has anyone here had this problem before, or know the steps I need to take to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.