Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to install win95?

• Please log in to reply

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm trying to install windows on a second hard drive (from winxp), but I can't seem to boot Setup from my Win95 CD Rom.
It almost starts with Floppy startup but the Floppy must be dead cause it won't read :whistling: .

If you can help in any way it wold be great. cause i have some programme i really like that will only work on win 95.

daffy_elmo

Edited by daffy_elmo, 23 August 2006 - 07:37 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Can't do this from within XP, you have to use the Win95 floppy for this. But the caveats in this is that your XP machine is so fast that Win95 isn't going to work anyway.

Please consider Virtual PC instead; install Win95 into that and it'll run a lot better that way.
http://www.microsoft...pc/default.mspx

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Yes, My computer is rather fast if i do say so my self :blink: . Seriously, I'll give virtual pc a try.

Thanks for replying :whistling: ,
daffy_elmo

Edited by daffy_elmo, 24 August 2006 - 05:12 PM.

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I've Got Virtual Pc but i Don't know how to install windows from the cd rom yet.

I tried from the floppy but all it said was:

Scanning hard drive....

If you are using hpfs or ntfs you will need to create an Ms-dos setup partition.

what do I do now :whistling: ????

daffy_elmo