Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply

XUN

XUN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Quite recently my computer stopped booting up when attemtping to load my OS (Windows XP pro) It would load my "Foxconn" page where I can go into my BIOS and such but will just go black when trying to load the OS without any error messages of any kind. I suspect it might be something to do with the boot files but am not 100% sure. I've tried re-installing windows and even using a new hardrive (Which is unformatted without an OS) which couldnt work either. When I tried to reinstall the OS or tried to install the OS onto the new hardrive it said that it couldnt find any hardrives in my computer however I could see quite clearly on the BIOS that they were indeed there. I have a hunch that I may need to put some files onto a disc to reinstall some kind of files onto the hardrive so it will boot up properly but am not sure exactly what and how. I currently have another PC which I have full access to the web however it is vital that I get my other computer working (The hardrive in this computer isnt compatible with the other one)

Advertisements

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
What happens when you use the unformatted hd? I only ask because if there is a simlar problem with the second hd then i would think that its something else... what exactly happens... does the screen go black or blue or just stop and reboot?

XUN

XUN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
With the second HD... It has the same problem when I just try and boot up normaly with it (Because of course it wont work) However when I try to install windows XP onto it I get the same problem saying it cannot find any Hard Drive Disks but I can see it quite clearly in the BIOS.