Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Elder Scrolls IV

• Please log in to reply

OG610

OG610

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Anyone else LOOOOVE this game? Its THE best game ever, ever. The graphics are extremely realistic, the sound is amazing and hte gameplay is un-ending! WIth TOUSANDS od different posibillities and paths to folllow, hundreds of quests, items, NPC's its Trully AMAZING! Ive played it for about 2 weeks and i dont think I'm even half way to beating it (all quests). SO Discuss one of the greatest games to come aobut in the past few years!

BTW: I used to be ADDICTED to COD2 before i got oblivion! :whistling:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah its only good while you are playing and have things to do in it once you beat the main quest and every side quest and guild it gets REALLY boring took me two to three weeks to finish it completely and after that it was just underwhelming you go from having tones to do to having almost nothing. The only thing remotely interesting left to do is dungeon dive for more money to finish buying every little hut, and the orrery take 10 minutes to get and if you have it before you finish the game the convenience totally spoils the game. A couple mods added an extra couple of days to the game but it wasnt all that much.

PS your user bars are to big the limit hree is 16kb total you are like 190 right now.

Edited by warriorscot, 24 August 2006 - 09:08 AM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
It was alright. Not close to the best game ever though IMO. Slashing at monsters will never beat shooting terrorists in my book. Sorry!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Oblivion with guns and terrorists, now that would be good i wonder when the new flashpoint is out i think its soon.

OG610

OG610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
hmm I gues that if you beat the Main quest early then its real boring, After i became a member of hte blades i left the Main Quest and started doing guilds. Also if you are bored you should start a new chanracter with a new class, its totaly diferent.

And ill get the bars fixed in a sec.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Still, except for getting new exciting things. All the dungeons are rehashed and I just didn't get sucked in. Also, the combat was not all it was brought up to be. I imagined combat like in Dark Messiah, now that I'm looking forward to :whistling:

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Its a cool game. I liked it. I pretty much saved the main quest for last. I did all the guild quests first. ANd I have to agree with Black, the actual fighting kinda sux. Theres only a few moves and the delay seems to take forever. +1 on the guns and terrorists, for now CS is still my fav.
-P.

OG610

OG610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yeah, hte combat wasnt the best thing but exploring, geting new stuff, advancing in level its al soo captivating lol

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

yeah, hte combat wasnt the best thing but exploring, geting new stuff, advancing in level its al soo captivating lol

Yeah I liked the thieves guild the best. I actually cheated a little bit. I used the money cheat. Sux being broke. One guy I screwed around with all the cheats on it was just funny, he could EASILY outrun the black horse [bleep] near jump on top of castles, and no matter how many people, monsters attacked him noone would ever connect. Could kill minotaurs in like 2 hits with a crappy weapon.
Have you played Morrowwind??? That game is sweet. I loved it. Played it for weeks. Legitimatly, got my guy strong enough to kill a God :whistling: . You should check it out.
-P.

OG610

OG610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Yeah I liked the thieves guild the best. I actually cheated a little bit. I used the money cheat. Sux being broke. One guy I screwed around with all the cheats on it was just funny, he could EASILY outrun the black horse [bleep] near jump on top of castles, and no matter how many people, monsters attacked him noone would ever connect. Could kill minotaurs in like 2 hits with a crappy weapon.
Have you played Morrowwind??? That game is sweet. I loved it. Played it for weeks. Legitimatly, got my guy strong enough to kill a God :blink: . You should check it out.
-P.

:whistling:

Yeah i own Morrowind aswell, but the combat is absolutely pathetic in my opinion, but jsut like oblivion it was very very extensive. also i didnt lke how you had to read the dialogue it got kinda boring after a while. the theives guild s really cool, but at high levels its ntjo really worth it casue you go into houses to rob stuff nad its all cluter, really not worth selling. Yeah making god caracters is really fun!

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Have you played Morrowwind??? That game is sweet. I loved it. Played it for weeks. Legitimatly, got my guy strong enough to kill a God :blink: . You should check it out.
-P.

Yeah i own Morrowind aswell, but the combat is absolutely pathetic in my opinion, but jsut like oblivion it was very very extensive. also i didnt lke how you had to read the dialogue it got kinda boring after a while. the theives guild s really cool, but at high levels its ntjo really worth it casue you go into houses to rob stuff nad its all cluter, really not worth selling. Yeah making god caracters is really fun!

i actually liked the combat better in morrowwind. You could change swings by how long you hold the button and with your keys. It was more like combos. So lets say you hit a, s and mouse 1, it would be a completely different attack than if you just strafed left or right, or even moving forward or backwatrd. I jsut liked the variety better in it i suppose. It seems like in oblivion theres only 4 attacks, when strafing left or right then moving forward or back. I think there shoulda been more.
-P.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Walking around the forests "exploring" just doesn't appeal to me. If you've played the Dark Messiah demo, your whole camera (body) moves when you attack making it more dynamic feeling. It's just great.

I also got tired of Oblivion crashing.

OG610

OG610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

-P.

i actually liked the combat better in morrowwind. You could change swings by how long you hold the button and with your keys. It was more like combos. So lets say you hit a, s and mouse 1, it would be a completely different attack than if you just strafed left or right, or even moving forward or backwatrd. I jsut liked the variety better in it i suppose. It seems like in oblivion theres only 4 attacks, when strafing left or right then moving forward or back. I think there shoulda been more.
-P.

Yeah, i guess, but I'm prety sure Obliv. can be modded to do that. I realy liked the vamparism disease on Oblivion, I don tthink you could have goten that in Morrowind. Yeah its a hassle to go out in the day, but the benefits are really good!

Pandemic: Ive never played Dark Messiah, i dont think ive ever heard of it lol

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Oh check it out right now. Might and Magic: Dark Messiah, it's an amazing demo. I hope the whole game lives up to the demo.

OG610

OG610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Oh check it out right now. Might and Magic: Dark Messiah, it's an amazing demo. I hope the whole game lives up to the demo.

I'm actually in a dial-up connection untill i get my DSL back....takes atleast 40seconds to get a page open....

Ill keep it in mind though!