Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MP3 Player Help!

• Please log in to reply

kalaniwavo

kalaniwavo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
ok, I have a Creative Zen micro and love it. Problem is when I plug in the headphones the sound cuts in and out. Its definantly not the headphones (have tried a few pairs) Its like the socket connection is not tight anymore.

The player works perfectly and I do not want to spend another $200 for a simple problem.

Anyone have any ideas, easy fixes for this? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Nick

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Before I suggest anything, does it work if you slightly push the headphone socket to one side or further in or out? - meaning do you feel that it is the secket itself or the lead cable inside the socket(from the socket to the chip inside) that is causing the problem. Is it still under warrenty? Have you tried the site for Known problems?

Edited by fleamailman, 23 August 2006 - 09:51 PM.

kalaniwavo

kalaniwavo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It only cuts in and out when I wiggle the headphone wire from side to side. I can shake the player and it sounds fine.. so it sounds like the connection to the plug. what do you think?

its not under warranty anymore.. I have had it for almost 2 years. and I will check for known defects. hopefully I can work something out. I would hate to trash this player for something so simple.

Thanks!
Nick

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Will sticky tape force the wire to remain in contact, but to be honest I have a bad feeling about this. And this is why I always recommend not buying a great mp3 player, too much personel movement, wires get pulled, etc..

kalaniwavo

kalaniwavo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
maybe, but I doubt it... and yeah.. I have a bad feeling about it too... bummer..
Thanks
Nick

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You should be able to take it apart and use a glue or epoxy even solder(not reccomending that as much though it requires a little skill to use effectivley) to secure the errant connection, i would probably try and epoxy putty myself for something thats going to be moved alot.

If you can safely take i apart and gain access enough to use these to secure the connection it should fix it, however its a risk but you dont have much to lose if its not working properly.