Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime/Windoows media player help

• Please log in to reply

thelastelephant

thelastelephant

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hey somethings wrong with my windows media player and quiktime.
they both have funnt coloration and are darker then normal. quicktime also makes a staticy noise. they didnt use to do this. i think i may have gotten a bad codec or something
ive tried reinstalling both.

any ideas? thanks!!

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
As you have already uninstalled the 2 players, and re-installed them and are still having the problems, then it seems pretty clear that its not the players.
So, we are possibly looking at a hardware issue.

What graphics card are you using in your pc ???

thelastelephant

thelastelephant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
its not my hardware.
i got a 7900gt. it had issues at first but i reformated and did some stuff (which i needed to do anyways) and it worked fine for a long time. then one day it just decided it wouldnt work anymore.

im pretty sure its not the hardware. ive gotten a few messages that say this file needs to download something to make use of it in windows media and im thinking that may be it. intervideo works fine though, its just windows media and qikctime.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Use driver cleaner to uninstall and remove your gfx drivers and then reinstall the latest drivers for your gfx card that should rule that out, and get the Klite mega codec install it with all or as many codecs you think you will need then try playng your files that should fix most problems.