I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate that, but I'm pretty sure that what my old computer is running is not relevent.
The computer for which I'll need the boot disc is WinXP Home Ed. SP1, which is why i need to know if the file i have is the same....
I'm uncertain how else to explain this, but I'll try:
- my new computer is locking me out of Windows (I've posted elsewhere about this)
- I need a boot disc to get back in
- I downloaded a Rar of Windows XP Home to my old computer
- I opened it, but I do NOT PLAN ON LOADING IT ONTO the computer where i opened it. I simply need to CHECK it before I burn the iSO file to a CD. (the cd to be used as my boot disc)
- I've extracted all the files.
- I'm trying now to determine if there is something in the REadme or elsewhere that will tell me if this is SP1.
Not trying to be impatioent or talk down, I'm just trying to list these things as clearly as possible as it seems there is definitely miscommunication here.
And, of course, thanks yet again!
Edited by Phlegmbot, 23 August 2006 - 11:43 PM.