Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

INTERNET EXPLORER / YAHOO

• Please log in to reply

FACE211

FACE211

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi. let me first start off by saying i am pretty much computer illiterate.
i have tried browsing the topics you have posted and sincerely hope i have not duplicated an earlier post that contains the information i need.

i read many of your posts and must admit i do not understand much of the instruct that is given
i only hope i can follow your directions and put an end to this dilema
quite frankly it's driving me insane !

i have a gateway computer. i have internet explorer, an older version. 5.-something i think it is....
obviously i have gotten some kind of virus or trojan or something as i am unable to perform a search in yahoo.
it repeatedly comes back :
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

i have noticed that when yahoo loads it is missing the date in time in the news box which is something new and even after hitting refresh it wont work

i did get some help and ran adaware and spybot, both which removed many "bugs" and such and now both state the computer is clean. i have also run defrag

i can sometimes type in an address and the computer will take me to that site but sometimes i can not. another example of places i cannot go it hotmail.com the computer acts as tho it will go there and in the bottom left corner it will say "done" however the screen is blank

i am realizing that this problem may need someone with much more knowledge than me and from others are telling me i may need to have it reformatted. thus causing me to loose bookmarks and personal information i have on here--thats somethign i hope to avoid until i can maybe learn how to "back those things up"

thank you taking the time to read this and hopefully being able to help me

FACE

Advertisements