Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 Players That Support Win Me?

• Please log in to reply

Craig S

Craig S

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can anyone recommend a 1G MP3 player with Radio whose Software works with Win Me. Had wanted a SanDisk Sansa unit but their Tech Support advised Me not supported. Me doesn't always appear in Specs even when it may work. Any responses appreciated!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What you want is one that works without software, or has software that runs of another OS you can use like linux, not to hard to find youll probably have better luck just getting a cheap player as they wont have DRM measures letting you just frag and drop files and there are tonnes of 1Gb players like that.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All an MP3 player is is a pendrive with the ability to play music files.

ME supports these devices out of the box and so you can just drag MP3 files to and from the device using Windows itself. You don't *need* any extra software, apart from something to actually make the MP3s themselves, a feature that Media Player will do anyway.

Craig S

Craig S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the clarification. It didn't seem that simple.