Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics problems

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I'm using an NVIDA GeForce 5500 Graphics card (updated), and lately some of the games I've been playing normally suddenly start screwing up. Here are some examples as to what happens:

-Gunbound: Envioronment effects and vehicle projectiles disappear after they are launched.
-Maple Story: glaring red tint, mouse pointer has glitchy lines through it.
-Golf King: Game seems to go into an undescribable glitch, or suddenly the characters suddenly go into out-of-proportion textures, as if someone was running a horrible smoothness test on them. Mouse pointer, words, and power bar also get the above-mentioned glitchy lines.
-Zoo Tycoon 2: Objects and landscape suddenly keep switching back and forth, and the screen gets a mix of red and green textures.

I can't get a new Graphics card, either, because this one is recently new, and I'd rather keep this one than get another replacement for it. I need help here, please.

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Have you recently updated your drivers? Is that when the issues started occuring? If so, then you may want to clean out all your old drivers and reinstall them, or try and roll back to the previous version that was working fine.

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
That's very typical of nVIDIA drivers and one of the big reasons why I hate using nVIDIA cards. Their drivers are junk. :whistling: The problem is that they fix one game while breaking two others.

I would suggest that you try a few different kits until you can find the one that achieves a satisfactory compromise.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Have you recently updated your drivers? Is that when the issues started occuring? If so, then you may want to clean out all your old drivers and reinstall them, or try and roll back to the previous version that was working fine.

Actually, it started with the card itself, prior to me updating the driver. I COULD switch back to my old one... except it blew out along with the computer's motor about a month ago and both needed to be replaced.

Not to mention, I can't afford a new driver :whistling:

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Drivers are free. It's the software that runs your graphics card. They can be downloaded from nvidia's website. The problem is that sometimes having multiple drivers can cause issues.