Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Re-installing XP

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am re-formatting one of my systems.

I needed a quick way to back up the harddrive so i transferred it to my second machine and copied the files.
I formatted it using the format disk tool in XP.

After using the quick format on the working system i tranferred the hardrive back to the machine.
My problem now is that when i booth it is not givin me the display to set it to booth from the Cd .
The system goes through the POST but the monitor ...shows nothing. Could it be something to do with my graphic card or could it be the formatting of the drive and something to do with the BIOS memory on the system. Help guys.

Edited by gelan, 24 August 2006 - 09:40 AM.