Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQ problem

• Please log in to reply

TheGateKeeper

TheGateKeeper

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello, I recently took out my sound card which was very old and decided to start using the one that came with my motherboard. Now as I get along I noticed that World of Warcraft was crashing a lot giving me strange errors, so I looked up the IRQs and found that my network card and my audio card have the same IRQ. I have attached an image of the panel. Can someone please guide me to changing the IRQ of one of the devices? The standard way didn’t work as the box was ticked out.

Thanks for reading.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled7489798.GIF

Advertisements

TheGateKeeper

TheGateKeeper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Bump.

leingod

leingod

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I could help you with this. What you have to do is change on of the 'cards' (network or sound) to a empty PCI slot. If you can't do that (no free PCI's left) then you'll have to remove one of the 'cards'.
Once thats done, re-install drivers, reboot, then check again.

Edited by leingod, 25 August 2006 - 05:09 AM.

TheGateKeeper

TheGateKeeper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi, i took out the card, and reinstalled it, but it still uses IRQ number 18. There must be another way to fix this?

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
When you removed your sound card, did you uninstall the software and drivers that came with it? Also, did you install the drivers for your motherboard?

The sound card on the computer I'm using now has the same IRQ as some other resources, and it works fine. I suspect you have a driver conflict with old/new drivers.

TheGateKeeper

TheGateKeeper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
All my drivers are up to date as far as i know, and scince im having problems with both games and my internet, it was to be that IRQ conflict. Il test some more and get back to you.