Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspect malware freezing up computer in Explorer and causing shutdown

• Please log in to reply

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Why are you running it in more than one mode? Just use one account and run it from there. If you infect one account, your computer is infected, so running it from more than one account does not help much. Does that make sense?

If you are logging in on two accounts I need to see hijack this logs from two accounts.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't believe this is malware related.

Please continue your topic in xp/2000. I will keep this topic open in case you need to report back. Good luck. I saw you were having surgery this week. I hope everything goes well. We will be here when you get back, so get some rest. :whistling:

wilzn2

wilzn2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thank you for holding this topic open until I could get back. I am finally recovered from my surgery and had time to get back to my computer issues.

I am not having much trouble anymore with freezing up, so I think it is safe to close this topic.

Thank you for all of your help!