Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to connect to a certain website

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I could connect to a certain site yesterday but today i'm unable to. I keep getting "the page cannot be displayed" I pretty sure i didn't change any of my settings. I know it's not the site cause my friend whose my neighbour could connect to it.

I'm currently useing internet explorer and i tried mozilla still no luck.

Is there anything i can use or check to see what's wrong?

Advertisements

Rex Manning

Rex Manning

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I'm actually having the same problem with a website, so I thought I'd bump this for you. Symptoms sound similar: only happening on one site (of all the ones I frequent), unsuccessful on Firefox and IE, site can be successfully accessed from a different computer in my house.

I'd also be interested if anyone has any suggestions.

Rex Manning

Rex Manning

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey t3chnon3,

After working with a couple of different people who were trying to help me out, I finally got it fixed. Sadly, all it took was unplugging the modem for a few moments. Not sure if this will work in your case, but thought I'd share anyway.