Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharper Image

• Please log in to reply

Siebenboy

Siebenboy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey, I already posted this in "Tech Discussion", so... ya sorry if you find it twice.

Anyway, my question is, How is Sharper Image's reputation as far as being a reliable dealer of reliable products? Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm just curious, and I'd like to know if there's a group of people out there who would warn me not to do business with them. Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
my experience is that they sell overpriced toys for those who have too much money...i've never purchased anything from them...ever...because i oouldn't afford anything that i would have wanted...what specifically are you wanting to purchase?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I would tend to agree with dsnenette - much of what they have could probably be found elsewhere (without the sharper image logo, and hence cheaper). My husband bought me a little portable refrigerator/hotbox that can be plugged into an outlet in the car, which is useful sometimes for transporting food on short trips. They had a "free gift" he got with that (have you ever paid for a gift? aren't gifts supposed to be free to the recipient? I digress). It was a little cd/radio with speakers. It looks very high tech, but the sound quality is poor. It was free, I guess I can't complain, but we get their catalog and I've just never seen anything in it that I can't find elsewhere for less money.

Siebenboy

Siebenboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ya, you're right. Now, it's not that I have too much money, I was just looking at stuff like the cordless headphones, ipod accessories, stereos, and a few other random items.

DigitaL

DigitaL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Rofl, like 4 years ago I got a Razor scooter for like $30, cheapest I seen at the time.

Sold it later on that year and got $70.

They have good priced stuff, deliver was good, product was good.

Sharper Image is good in my opinion.