Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Autoshutdown whenevr i try to connect to an online game

• Please log in to reply

chrislai

chrislai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ive ben playing an online game called Ran for very very long.... bt only until yesterday

when i tried to connect it...my whole com autoshutdown and at restart wil prompt for disk check for consistency..
After restart already...ther wil be a pop out window saying yr com has recovered from a serious error...blabla

so i tried to connect to the game again and i did many times till ther was a new window somethg saying Win32 has encountered a problem and needs to be close...

exception: synchose.exe and many numbers ........................

wats is happening? is it my com or the game? bt ive been playing 6 mths already....bt nw i cant connect anymore....help pls...i really love the game....i tried reinstalling and reinstalling the game bu the same

problem persist.............i suspect is a virus....

Advertisements

funtmachine

funtmachine

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
If you suspect a virus, then a good point to start with would be to check out the malware forum, and start by reading the START HERE instructions.. after doing those initial steps, if you still think you're infected, download HijackThis and post a log in the malware forum, detailing your problem, and one of the experts will help you.

Dave

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Have you Downloaded any cheat "fixes" or "tools" that you actually had to install? And it sounds like it’s a registry error if it doesn’t go way when you re-install it. Also after you uninstall it look for the game directory in C:>Program Files and if it is there delete it. Other than that I sugest you follow funtmachines advice and check the malaware forum out Here.

Bob The Mail Man :whistling:

Edited by bobthemailman, 25 August 2006 - 07:00 AM.

funtmachine

funtmachine

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
If it was only a couple of days ago, why dont you try a system restore?

Dave