Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FFXI Error Code-POL 0020

• Please log in to reply

Catien

Catien

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having problems connecting to FFXI. The connection works fine, as I can play other PS2 games and Xbox Live just fine.

It will connect to the internet, then come to the screen "Checking Playonline Viewer Version", stay there a minute or two, and then pop up POL error -0020, the DNS failed or what not.

I have it connected through a wireless router. I'm not a technical genious, and I have no clue why it's not workin. The ppl at sony are NO help and tell me to call the wireless router company, and it just ends up being a endless cycle.

It does work when I hook it directly up to the modem itself though. So whats the deal? Why is it not working through my wireless router? It did before I moved? Is there a port I need to unblock or something and if so how?

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks in advance. :tazz:

Advertisements