Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply

sososick

sososick

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi. I want to buy a wireless router, and i need recommendations from you guys. I heard NetGear is good, but i read some bad reviews online, so i don't know. The price range is $0-$50.

I need :whistling: ... PLEASE!

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Linksys is not too bad. Only had minor experience with them, but they have been good.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
If your not experienced at setting up a router manually get a Dlink! Take it from a tech support person who deals with customers setting up third party routers. Customers tell me that the Dlink just works out of the box. The most troublesome router to set up is a Linksys. The horror stories of customers dealing with Linksys Tech support is enough to keep me from buying one. Personally I use a Belkin that I bought at Best Buy for $43 with tax. It took less than ten minutes to set up with the wireless security enabled and has served me well for the last eight months.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I use Netgear and love it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i tend to trust either netgear or linksys (linksys is owned by cisco...and they've been making routers since the beginning of time...so they do tend to know their stuff)...but in general the technologies are beginning to merge...so...the brands are having less differences between them

sososick

sososick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Okay so i'd gooo with Netgear or Linksys, whichever is cheaper, right?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I would say which has the best features. You might find a cheaper Linksys which is 50 Mbps and a netgear with 100 Mbps. Just becuase it's cheaper, you would naturally get the Linksys. Well, you could have had double the connection with the Netgear. You need to find routers with the features you need. If they are both identical, or near identical, then we can compare prices.