Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. This is a strange issue. I fixed my registry using the XP Tools application. Well, after, I see a window appear (this is now showing every day) which is the Windows Installer, and it is trying to configure "PhotoGallery". Well, I don't know what PhotoGallery is. I have to click on cancel three times before it stops asking! If I let it run its course, it eventually asks for a CD. I don't know what this program is! Can anyone please help me turn this D*mn thing off! It's very annoying! :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it name the CD

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I don't believe so, however I'll look again.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well... This is... Bazaar... I restarted the computer last night, and saw the window. I wanted to see which CD it wanted, so I let it run its course. The little status bar moved to the right, and then moved back to the left and closed! I started it up this morning and saw no window... VERY strange. Thanks for your help anyway Keith :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Its good to see that your problem seems to be resolved.

For Future Reference...
(If the problem returns)
Do you have a HP Printer?
If so, Read Here.
If not, Check this out for an interesting read.

Willow

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Funny you caught onto that. I do have an HP printer, and I thought it coul be that, but dismissed the idea when I first got this lol I thought it was probably something I installed.