Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"New" DVD Product

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is a product for those who had the same problem with the VHS tapes :

Time Saver

Enjoy.

Ron

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
:tazz:

Recently a friend's child received some audio cassette tapes as a birthday gift. They wondered what kind of CD player would required to play them. They had never seen a tape player, and didn't know they existed! ;)

May not be long before the venerable VHS meets the same fate. We only have one VHS player in the house, and that's part of a DVD combo player. We use a DVR (Replay TV) to record over-the-air broadcasts, and DVD players to watch movies.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

:tazz:

May not be long before the venerable VHS meets the same fate. We only have one VHS player in the house, and that's part of a DVD combo player. We use a DVR (Replay TV) to record over-the-air broadcasts, and DVD players to watch movies.

View Post

I hope it will be some time before VHS is obsolete. The CD/DVD format "wars" may put a lot of users' media out of date unless they hang onto the old players. Seems they want to change the formats again and I don't think they intend to make them backward compatible.

Thought the DVD product was a great example of what you can find on the Internet.

;)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Yes, High-Definition programing will mean the end of DVD. There are competing formats, but it sounds like "blu-ray" will be the likely winner. Everything I've read leads me to believe it will be backward compatible.

Gail007

Gail007

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Page Not Found!What's wrong?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try the main page: http://www.dvdrewinder.com/

Edited by SpywareDr, 20 December 2010 - 04:10 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
This thread is closing in on 6 years old, that's what's wrong!

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Oh man, how am I supposed to buy a new DVD rewinder when my current one breaks?!?:D

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nothing like necroposting in a gag thread to lighten the mood

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts