Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It looks like my sound control panel has been deleted.

• Please log in to reply

blitzkreig06

blitzkreig06

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OKAY, so basically:
Control Panel>Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices>Sounds and Audio Devices>Volume>Speaker settings>Advanced... = A window popping up saying "Directsound settings not available."

3 People use this computer and of course I can't keep track of everything they do, so I think my sound control panel has been deleted. Audio files can only be played 1 at a time and not in sync, and some game sounds are echoy and some are distorted.In particular, one games' minimum audio requirement is "DirectSound support" yet, my sound on the game is quite destorted.

If it IS my sound control panel is there any way I can download another one and install it? I don't have my windows CD anymore.

Everest:
Attached File  Report.txt   220.46KB   161 downloads

Yes, its a family computer.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
can you do a system restore

go start all programs..accesseries....system tools ..click system restore..pick best restore point when computer was fine

blitzkreig06

blitzkreig06

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That wouldve worked ages ago, but unfortunatley the problem started about a year ago and the furthest I could go back to was March 30, which didn't solve the problem.

:whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
If you have a copy of XP, you can do a repair with it, the tut is on this site somewhere, I will see I can post the link below.

blitzkreig06

blitzkreig06

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I found my copy of XP now, how exactly do I do a repair with it?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hope this helps then:

http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html