look at this
Internet Explorer Crashes
Published by Administrator July 12th, 2005 in Computers.
Internet Explorer began to crash, very often… and for no aprearent reason. I was able to tollerate it for one day, when I finnally snaped, and suddenly had to resolve the issue. Below is the Error message:
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
EventType : InPageError P1 : c000009c P2 : 00000003
Now What does all that garbage mean? If you follow the links they provide, you will not learn much. A better place to find out what is happening is the event logs. Click Start, Right click “My Computer”, then click on “Manage”. This opens up Computer Management. Select Event Viewer, then double click the Application Log. This is a Log of events for your computer. I found this event just 5 seconds before every IE crash in my system… Its kinda long but here it is…
Windows cannot access the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Shell Doc Object and Control Library because of this error.
Program: Shell Doc Object and Control Library
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Error value: C000009C
Disk type: 3
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp
shdoclc.dll is a library used by Windows applications to add basic file and networking operations. I opend my command prompt typed “chkdsk /f” just as described in the event viewer…. and what do you know, it fixed multiple errors. Why this happed is unknow. Fingers are crossed that it’s not Hard Disk failure.
UPDATE: Friday July 14, 2005
WELL After all that, I was concerned about the hard drive. I have a samsung drive. I went to the samsung website and downloaded a utility that checks the hard drive for problems. The utility found multiple problems and suggested I replace the drive. So since the drive is only 2 months old. I RMA the figgin’ thing.
shdoclc.dll did you see this error on bottom of page or in the address bar just look at your network adapters if im wrong ill leave your post