Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help on many things

• Please log in to reply

Robdpg

Robdpg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, My name is Rob and i have windows me, I have many things wroung with my comp. if u to take a look at my list ;) maybe u can help me with some of them Thank You

1. I tryed to download this thing for a game u play and it said it could not open it cause i need to download .net framework:v1.1.4322 or something like that and i looked on googel for "download .net framework for windows me" I saw one that looked like it could help me,so i downloaded .net thing and i tryed to open it and it said the same thing "i need to download .net framework:v1.1.4322 " but i thinki just downloaded .net framework:v1.1 it there a diffance? And if not then what should i do i tryed to download it but it wont let me

2.My sound dont work and i tryed to reinstall it but still nothing so i unpluged them and shut down my comp. and when it was off i pluged them back in and it made a sound like it was working but when i rebooted my comp. it still didnt work so i whent to device manager list and removed it from the list and rebooted my comp. again and it said updateing system and when it got back to the desk top i tryed them 1 last time and still nothing ;) i dont know what els to do

3.I got this game from the store called "command&conquer generals" so i put it in my CD Rom and downloaded it and when i hit play it then windows goes way then a error message comes up and it said "the ddraw.dll file is linked to the missing export ntdll.dll:versetconditionmask." it pops up 2 times i hit okay then nothing happens i download the newies dxdiag file and i got the dxdiag.txt file if you need it or whatever. i tyred to open the file and it keeps saying "dxdaig has caused an error in kernel32.dll,dxdiag will now close" then it saids "error:problem getting extra display info,result code=0x80004005(generic failure)" I dont know what els to do can you help me plz and thank you

P.S.
If you need the DXDiag.txt file u can E-Mail me and i will send it to you

And i think that is about it :tazz: lol

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
1. Visit windows update...netframework 1.1 had a security bug...windows update will update you with a patch.
2. this may sound insulting, but make sure the speaker is in the right port. If it is, move on to the next solution as it may be related
3. download the latest directx (might help with sound, too)
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
download the latest videodriver for your graphic card.

in the meantime, go to the download section and download everest home....this will help identify hardware

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi

.net framework is an optional update from Microsoft, increasingly more programs require it to run/install.

Don't download microsoft updates from anywhere other than Microsoft, unless you can't get it there.

This is a current update.

Try uninstalling the one you got through google, go to Microsoft's Windows Update site - should be an icon at the top of your start menu if ME is like 98/2000/XP.

This component has received a number of security fixes of late, so you'll be getting the most recent component from Microsoft.

Hope this helps for this particular issue, your other queries are beyond me.

daveB - LinuxWannabee :tazz: