Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mouse problem

• Please log in to reply

ringsting

ringsting

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
hi just recently i have noticed a change with mouse functions if i hold down right mouse button in browser window and try to hilight objects by dragging cursor by them to, delete for instance the whole browser window moves instead of highliting as i said it is a recent thing never had this before just wondered what could have caused this and can i restore function to as it was before thx in advance o/s windows xp home edition .

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You can look in the control panel and fiddle with the mouse settings, but I would try a different mouse first. If the second one works fine, you might want to take your first one apart and clean it completely (you would be surprised how a little bit of crud can mess up a mouse!). Let us know what results you come up with.
Johanna

ringsting

ringsting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
thx for reply was thinking of new mouse, but cant realy clean its an optical one no nasty ball.. also i dont think it is the mouse as i am also getting windows beep sounds when i click on things which i didnt get before but you could be right i supose will try another mouse and see . cheers

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
maybe its time to change the battery in it.

ringsting

ringsting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
have had a look but dont think it has a battrey m8 seems to be powered from pc .

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
is it a wireless mouse?

ringsting

ringsting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
no not wireless usb just got new mouse but problem still there must be operating system ithink have tried control panel/mouse to ajust but no joy . have sorted prob out it was an ewido update prog. i installed last week uninstalled it and things back to normal got a mouse i didnt need but it will come in handy i dare say thx for your input cheers

Edited by ringsting, 27 August 2006 - 09:40 AM.