Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

meggie010

meggie010

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I moved into college yesterday and they had us set up for the network, and suggested we download McAfee enterprise to protect our computers. I did so because my norton just expired and figured it wouldn't hurt. Since I downloaded it and installed it, my computer has done nothing but freeze up, run slow, and not run programs at all. I tried removing the program, but the computer froze midway, it was gone off the add/remove programs list, but its still in my program files. I got it so it doesn't run at startup(that I know of) but my computer still keeps freezing, running slow. Won't restart. In addition, my safe mode doesn't work. My computer is only like a month old, and I've never had a problem until last night when I downloaded McAfee. I don't even know where to start trying to fix it, and the campus computer people are tied up for days with connection issues. Please help, or suggest something else I could try. Thanks.

Advertisements

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
HELLO MEGY
I THINK YOU HAVE A COMFRIT WITH NORTON AND McAFEE
PLEASE GO TO CONTROL PANEL ,ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS AND REMOVE NORTON THEN TRY TO RE ISTALL MCAFEE

meggie010

meggie010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I thought norton was uninstalled, but seems that it wasn't completely. Seems to be working now, Thanks so much.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
This is the manual download link for Symantec

http://service1.syma...e...v_lvl=&seg=

Download three files to the Windows desktop
---_-
The steps that follow are for Internet Explorer. If you have this page open in any other Web browser, please start Internet Explorer and open this page in it.

Tip: Copy the address from the address bar above, open Internet Explorer, and paste the address into the Internet Explorer address bar.

if you didnt remove norton go here an download this norton will still cause you problems this just a removal tool it doesnt stay on your computer

gamefr3ak

gamefr3ak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Uninstall Mc Afee if you can, if not try doing so in safe mode(tap f8 while booting)(note i dont know everything about safe mode)
AVG is a good virus scanner

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
be sure to upate your antiviru pro gram and microsoft upates

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
hi magy again
to make it simple you don't want to run two antivurus at the same time.
you said your norton was expired so that was the reason I toll you to remove it
if you have mcafee for free go for
please let us know if your problem has ben solve

meggie010

meggie010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes it seems to have been solved.

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip